All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.84
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.82
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.31
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.95
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.00
- AU $44.73Trending at AU $47.15
- AU $25.61Trending at AU $28.26
About this product
- DescriptionThere is wildlife closer to us than that found in our gardens - or indeed, in our houses - so it follows that many of those creatures we love, such as foxes and ladybirds, are literally household names. However, despite this familiarity, many of the characters reveal surprising lifestyles if you take a closer look, and there is more going on in our precious backyards that we might imagine. Did you kw that slugs and snails have spine-tingly good sex; that mosquitoes can dodge raindrops and that Grey Squirrels have regular sleepovers with their neighbours? Did you realise that unemployment causes the breakdown of society in wasps, or that it takes the average spider only one hour to build a web from scratch? Perhaps it would even surprise you to kw that, in this day and age, it is still possible to have three Old Ladies stuck in your lavatory? (They are moths.) Written in an engaging style and illustrated with photographs and stunning colour paintings by Peter Partington, this book reveals, month by month, the extraordinary hidden world of our most familiar garden wildlife. You will never look at your garden neighbours in the same way again.
- Author BiographyDominic Couzens has monthly columns in BBC Wildlife and Birdwatching magazines and writes for the National Trust magazine, Birds magazine and BBC Gardener's World. Peter Partington's painting is widely admired. Previous publications include the two forerunners in this series, The Secret Lives of Garden Birds and Secret Lives of British Birds.
- Author(s)Dominic Couzens
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication30/04/2008
- SubjectNatural History: Animal & Wildlife
- Series TitleRSPB
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- First Published2008
- ImprintA & C Black Publishers Ltd
- Content Notecolour paintings & photos
- Weight614 g
- Width210 mm
- Height297 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Illustrator(s)Peter Partington
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.