Secret Techniques of the Elite Forces: How to Train and Fight Like the Elite and Special Operations Forces of the World by Leroy Thompson (Paperback, 2005)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $35.86Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $16.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $72.93
- AU $23.60Trending at AU $29.65
- AU $32.93Trending at AU $36.60
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $47.93
- AU $30.86Trending at AU $32.07
- AU $23.80Trending at AU $32.73
- AU $16.92Trending at AU $22.07
About this product
- DescriptionRevealing guide to the techniques and equipment of the world's elite forces Discloses the trade secrets of today's special operatives Written by a leading authority in the field It is easy to visualise special-operations troops as men in camouflage with painted faces, lurking in the shadows of modern warfare. But the truth is far more complex - and enthralling. A wide array of skills, both physical and cerebral, combine to make up the modern elite soldier. This remarkable book t only shows the road down which the specialist must travel to reach his place as one of the world's fighting elite, it details the equipment he uses to carry out his missions and the actual techniques he employs. Themed chapters and a wealth of illustrations explain everything you need to kw about these formidably trained warriors. Learn how to select a drop zone for parachute insertions or how to execute a High Altitude High Opening (HAHO) insertion when you are twenty miles' distance from your objective. Find out how combat swimmers launch from submarines to carry out beach reconnaissance prior to an invasion. Understand the special considerations and kwledge required to fight and, more importantly, survive in such hostile environments as jungle, desert or mountain. Discover how today's special operative must master skills as diverse as horsemanship and the compact computer, or how to kill silently with a knife or laser designator. Secret Techniques of the Elite Forces is a must-have for anyone interested in the covert world of elite forces; it will provide the key to understanding what makes the specialist soldier so very 'special'. Leroy Thompson is a respected author and authority on military and personal-defence techniques and equipment. His publications include Greenhill's Bodyguard Manual, Hostage Rescue Manual, Counter-Insurgency Manual, Combat Shotguns and Combat Knives.
- Author BiographyThis edition has been compiled by acclaimed writer Malcolm Brown. Brown is the co-author of A Touch of Genius: and edited The Letters of T E Lawrence. The publication coincides the seventieth anniversary of Lawrence's death in May 1934 and a major exhibition on his life at London's Imperial War Museum, for which Brown is the curator.
- Author(s)Leroy Thompson
- PublisherGreenhill Books
- Date of Publication15/04/2005
- SubjectMilitary History
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintGreenhill Books
- Content Note25 illustrations
- Weight358 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine20 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.