Brand newLOWEST PRICE
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $70.99Trending at AU $74.50
- AU $68.01Trending at AU $77.28
- AU $61.12Trending at AU $61.77
- AU $65.85Trending at AU $79.20
- AU $11.89Trending at AU $18.44
- AU $12.86Trending at AU $16.90
- AU $16.42Trending at AU $24.69
About this product
- DescriptionJohn, Susan, Titty and Roger, the crew of the Swallow, take on the job of mapping the mass of small islands round Pin Mill while living on the biggest one. But who are the mysterious savages who lurk in the islands - and is the tribal totem they find in their campsite a threat of attack. ?
- Author BiographyArthur Ransome was born in Leeds in l884 and went to school at Rugby. He was in Russia in l917, and witnessed the Revolution, which he reported for the Manchester Guardian. After escaping to Scandinavia, he settled in the Lake District with his Russian wife where, in l929, he wrote Swallows and Amazons. And so began a writing career which has produced some of the real children's treasures of all time. In 1936 he won the first ever Carnegie Medal for his book, Pigeon Post.
- Author(s)Arthur Ransome
- PublisherRandom House Children's Publishers UK
- Date of Publication06/09/2001
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Series TitleSwallows and Amazons
- Series Part/Volume Number8
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintRed Fox
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight317 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Interest AgeFrom 9
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.