All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe main theme of volume 4 is prophylaxis, a concept first expounded by Nimzowitsch and one which has been brilliantly developed by Mark Dvoretsky and his pupils. The art of positional play is explained in terms of planning, maeuvring, the study of typical positions, and deep strategy in grandmaster games.
- Author BiographyArtur Yusupov was ranked No. 3 in the world from 1986 to 1992, just behind the legendary Karpov and Kasparov. He has won everything there is to win in chess except for the World Championship. In recent years he has mainly worked as a chess trainer with players ranging from current World Champion Anand to local amateurs in Germany, where he resides.
- Author(s)Artur Yusupov,Mark Dvoretsky
- PublisherEdition Olms
- Date of Publication15/05/2007
- SubjectHobbies, Pastimes & Indoor Games
- Series TitleSchool of Future Champions
- Series Part/Volume Number4
- Place of PublicationHombrechtikon
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintEdition Olms
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight598 g
- Width165 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Translated byKenneth P. Neat
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.90Trending at AU $23.01
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $75.38
- AU $31.43Trending at AU $36.70
- AU $30.95Trending at AU $34.07
- AU $26.99Trending at AU $29.48
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.07
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.48
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.