All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBut Sam soon discovers that for all their similarities, the government and their hired contractors have vastly different motives. As he struggles to adjust to a more corporate, profit-driven version of the work that had been his life, he stumbles across an intelligence amaly - the transcript of a phone conversation about the fastest ways to upend the delicate political balance keeping India and Pakistan from all-out war. Yet Sam kws that conversation can't have occurred because he is having an affair with one of the alleged participants. As he digs into the source of this misinformation, he realises there is more at stake than just bad intel. Someone is deliberately twisting the intelligence to stoke the simmering conflict between India and Pakistan, nuclear-armed rivals that have already fought multiple wars. And Sam's new employer could be at the centre of it.
- Author BiographyMatthew Palmer, author of The American Mission, is a twenty-year veteran of the U.S. Foreign Service, currently serving as the director of Multilateral Affairs in the State Department s Bureau of Asian and Pacific Affairs. A life member of the Council of Foreign Relations, Matt has worked as a diplomat all over the world. While on the secretary of state s Policy Planning staff, Matt helped design and implement the Kimberly Process for certifying African diamonds as conflict free.
- Author(s)Matthew Palmer
- PublisherPenguin Putnam Inc
- Date of Publication23/05/2016
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintG P Putnam's Sons
- Weight318 g
- Width139 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine30 mm
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $56.25Trending at AU $57.04
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $84.92
- AU $29.94Trending at AU $31.44
- AU $46.06Trending at AU $52.81
- AU $12.78Trending at AU $13.19
- AU $31.13Trending at AU $31.88
- AU $12.36Trending at AU $13.97
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.