All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.52
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.39
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.94
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $79.81
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.14
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.09
- AU $17.07Trending at AU $23.44
About this product
- DescriptionDid you make it out to the car before crying after that last Special Ed IEP meeting you attended? Were you confused with those Greek-sounding words? Are you upset about what's going on with your child's education and wondering what you should be asking for? Or are you wondering why, after three years of special ed lessons, your child STILL can't read? Have you begun to question how some parents seem to walk away with services for their kids that you seem to only dream of for yours? Or, as one of Yael's clients exclaimed, was that last IEP meeting one of the 10 best days of your life? What is it they kw -- that you don't? Yael Cohen, MA, a Special Education Advocate, teacher, and #1 bestselling author, who has changed the lives of kids (and their parents) for the last 25+ years, reveals secret after crucial secret that you must kw before you walk into your child's school again. Buy this must-have guide to help your child shine at school and to make those terrible IEP meetings a thing of the past.
- Author BiographyAs a special education advocate, Yael Cohen speaks daily with parents frustrated with their schools and school districts when it comes to getting what their kids with learning challenges need . . . * I can't get the school to even evaluate my child. * I'm tired of telling them what my child needs. * I'm frustrated that my child is not making (enough) progress. * I don't know what programs to ask for; I'm not the special educator - why don't they know what will really work? * I hate those Special Ed IEP meetings more than anything! Whether going in person with parents to the meetings, coaching via phone or internet, or reaching out to partner with general/special ed adms, Yael makes life easier for these frustrated parents or even those just starting out by equipping them with the information and tools they need to impact their child's education while staying out of the legal system. She boiled down these proven techniques to a collection of secrets that she shares here with parents, other child advocates, and educators, which have the potential to transform your ability to acquire the programing and supports needed to help your child excel. Yael is an engaging speaker, enabling participants to go out and make changes for their children, and individually coaches parents and personally attends IEP meetings. Yael has almost 35+ years experience of successes working directly with individual children with special needs no matter what the disability, including a specialty in teaching even unteachable children to read and do math, and over 25+ years of successful special education advocacy as measured by child growth and parent report. She has a BA in Speech Pathology and an MA in Special Education, and is a licensed teacher. According to parent Risa Hansen, whose daughter had made no progress for the previous 3 years of elementary school, Once Yael came on board, things changed immediately. In one phone call, Yael put an end to all the bullying . . . Yael has the know-how, the skills - she's worked with kids, she knows all the programs, what's appropriate for specific learning needs, and she knows how to make it happen. My child began learning...and made two years of academic progress in one year. She feels like a competent learner, she's happy, she comes home smiling. Yael lives in Boulder, Colorado and is the mom of adult twins. She is a co-op member of a small goat milking co-op, and is convinced the goats act just like mischievous children.
- Author(s)Yael Cohen M a
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication22/01/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCoping with Problems & Illness
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Out-of-print date30/09/2016
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight145 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.