All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionâTRACY HOGG HAS GIVEN PARENTS A GREAT GIFTâthe ability to develop early insight into their childâs temperament.ââLos Angeles FamilyWhen Tracy Hoggâs Secrets of the Baby Whisperer was first published, it soared onto bestseller lists across the country. Parents everywhere became âwhisperersâ to their newborns, amazed that they could actually communicate with their baby within weeks of their childâs birth. Tracy gave parents what for some amounted to a miracle: the ability to understand their babyâs every coo and cry so that they could tell immediately if the baby was hungry, tired, in real distress, or just in need of a little TLC. Tracy also dispelled the insidious myth that parents must go sleepless for the first year of a babyâs lifeâbecause a happy baby sleeps through the night. Now you too can benefit from Tracyâs more than twenty yearsâ experience. In this groundbreaking book, she shares simple, accessible programs in which you will learn: â¢ E.A.S.Y.âhow to get baby to eat, play, and sleep on a schedule that will make every member of the householdâs life easier and happier.â¢ S.L.O.W.âhow to interpret what your baby is trying to tell you (so you donât try to feed him when he really wants a nap).â¢ How to identify which type of baby yours isâAngel, Textbook, Touchy, Spirited, or Grumpyâand then learn the best way to interact with that type.â¢ Tracyâs Three Day Magicâhow to change any and all bad habits (yours and the babyâs) in just three days.At the heart of Tracyâs simple but profound message: treat the baby as you would like to be treated yourself. Reassuring, down-to-earth, and often flying in the face of conventional wisdom, Secrets of the Baby Whisperer promises parents not only a healthier, happier baby but a more relaxed and happy household as well.
- Author Biography<b>Tracy Hogg </b>obtained her nursing degree in England, specializing in maternity and neonatal care. Her uncanny ability to understand and calm babies led to her nickname The Baby Whisperer. In 1997, she founded Baby Technique, through which she consults with parents individually, organizes and teaches group classes, and provides nanny training and referrals. She is the mother of two daughters. Tracy Hogg died of melanoma in November 2004. You can visit her web site at www.babywhisperer.com. <b>Melinda Blau</b> is an award-winning journalist specializing in family and health topics. She is the author of seven other books, including Secrets of the Baby Whisperer for Toddlers, and countless magazine articles. The mother of two grown children, she lives in Northhampton, Massachusetts.
- Author(s)Melinda Blau,Tracy Hogg
- PublisherTBS The Book Service Ltd
- Date of Publication01/01/2002
- SubjectPregnancy & Parenting
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintTBS The Book Service Ltd
- Out-of-print date18/10/2011
- Weight249 g
- Width141 mm
- Height212 mm
- Spine17 mm
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.90Trending at AU $23.55
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $75.38
- AU $32.88Trending at AU $36.70
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.07
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.48
- AU $17.45Trending at AU $19.79
- AU $44.07Trending at AU $51.53
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.