All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.09
- AU $46.35Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
About this product
- DescriptionReminisce about a simpler time as four 20th century mountain pioneer women share their cooking secrets. These great old-timey cooks stir in their own wisdom and tales of growing up on rural farms, where they prepared delicious meals by lantern light on wood cookstoves. Included are heirloom recipes, proverbs, folk remedies, 80 vintage photos, 19th century autograph rhymes and lots of stories.
- Author BiographyBarbara Swell began her baking career in Martinsburg, WV, on January 19th, 1962, when she whipped up her first batch of sugar cookies from her 4-H Club Pack-and-Snack cookbook. She is the author of a very popular series of historic cookbooks, including Log Cabin Cooking, Take Two and Butter 'Em While They're Hot, Secrets of the Great Old-Timey Cooks, The Lost Art of Pie Making, and others. Barbara lives in Asheville, NC, with her husband and their three children.
- Author(s)Barbara Swell
- PublisherNative Ground Music, Incorporated
- Date of Publication09/01/2001
- SubjectNational & Regional Cuisine
- Place of PublicationNC
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNative Ground Music, Incorporated
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight114 g
- Width140 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine5 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.