Secrets of the Teenage Brain: Research-Based Strategies for Reaching and Teaching Today's Adolescents by SAGE Publications Inc (Paperback, 2009)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $46.29+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $42.84+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Consider these sponsored items
About this product
- DescriptionFeaturing the latest research on the adolescent brain, this second edition offers teachers fresh instructional strategies that work for engaging erratic, distracted, and often unpredictable teenagers. Lighthearted and informative, this hands-on resource helps educators understand the key issues affecting cognition and adolescent learners' emotional, social, and physical well-being. Each chapter is supported with a multitude of techniques that can be adapted to individual content areas and teachers will find new sections about: - Techlogy and the brain - Mirror neurons and at-risk behaviors like cutting, violence and aggression - An Educator's Book Club guide for sharing the challenges of teaching adolescents
- Author BiographyLearn more about Sheryl Feinstein's PD offerings Sheryl Feinstein is an Associate Professor at Augustana College in Sioux Falls, SD where she teaches in the Education Department. She is the author of a number of books, including Secrets of the Teenage Brain 2nd Ed (2009), Corwin Press; The Praeger Handbook of Learning and the Brain 2 vol. (2006), Praeger Publisher; Parenting the Teenage Brain: Understanding a Work in Progress, Teaching the At Risk Teenage Brain, and Inside the Teenage Brain: Understanding a Work in Progress (2009), Rowman & Littlefield Publisher; 101 Insights and Strategies for Parenting Teenagers (Fall, 2009), Healthy Learning Publishers; and Tanzanian Women in Their Own Words: Stories of Chronic Illness and Disability, (2009), Lexington Press. In addition to teaching at Augustana College, Feinstein consults at a correctional facility for adolescent boys and at a separate site for Emotionally/Behaviorally Disturbed (EBD) adolescents in Minnesota. She was awarded a Fulbright Scholarship in 2007-2008 to Tanzania where she taught at Tumaini University in Iringa and conducted research involving the adolescent. In 2006 she was a fellow at Oxford, UK. Prior to joining Augustana College, Feinstein was an administrator for a K-12 school district in Minnesota and taught in the public schools in South Dakota and a private school in Missouri.
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication08/10/2009
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCorwin Press Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight467 g
- Width177 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edited bySheryl G. Feinstein
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.79Trending at AU $65.19
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.53
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.61
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.86
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.96
- AU $110.99Trending at AU $112.12
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.36
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.