All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAn inspiring guide featuring the wit, wisdom, and stories of Zona Rosa, the writing-and-sisterhood workshop that has empowered thousands of womenFor more than twenty years, Rosemary Daniell Southern belle, successful writer, and tireless champion of female empowerment has led Zona Rosa, a writing workshop for women founded on the premise that writing can be t only a creative challenge but a tool for healing. Here, she shares the secrets of Zona Rosa: practical advice and home-grown Exorcises that help you face and think through writing issues, and life in general.You'll learn how to avoid the 13 (Possible) Boo Boos that plague everyone's writing. You'll bring yourself to Write About the Thing I Most Don't Want to Write About and learn how facing the difficult past can lead to breakthroughs. You'll discover The Emotional Tai Chi of Getting Your Work Out There, with suggestions for painlessly sending your work into the world. Along the way, you'll meet some of the many women who have improved their writing and lives through the camaraderie, constructive advice, and fun of Zona Rosa. And you'll be inspired by Rosemary Daniell herself, who has weathered personal tragedy, Bad Love, and her own writing issues to come out singing. Secrets of the Zona Rosa is essential reading for any woman who writes and who has lived a life full of stories.
- Author BiographyRosemary Daniell is the founder and leader of Zona Rosa, a series of creative life-changing writing workshops attended by thousands of women (and the occasional manoccasionally men) over the past 24 twenty-five years. She is the author of The Woman Who Spilled Words All Over Herself, Fatal Flowers, Sleeping with Soldiers, and, four other works of poetry and prose, and four other books of poetry and prose. She has appeared on many national television and radio shows, has been featured in People and Southern Living, and speaks at writers' conferences around the country. Her awards include the 1999 Palimpsest Prize and two NEA Fellowships. She lives in Savannah, Georgia.
- Author(s)Rosemary Daniell
- PublisherOwl Books (NY)
- Date of Publication02/05/2006
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectUsage & Writing Guides
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintOwl Books (NY)
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight431 g
- Width137 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $73.52
- AU $32.89Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.32
- AU $30.90Trending at AU $31.70
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.67
- AU $44.12Trending at AU $51.80
- AU $23.80Trending at AU $30.03
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.