All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.02
- AU $69.30Trending at AU $126.46
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $9.95
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.42
- AU $16.68Trending at AU $22.22
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.31
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.55
About this product
- DescriptionAmerican society is culturally diverse with a variety of religious deminations, sects, cults, and self-help groups vying for members. This volume analyzes nine of these groups, chosen both for their intrinsic interest and because they illustrate a variety of sociological concepts. The groups included in this study are: Heaven's Gate, Jesus People USA, the Love Family, The Farm, Amish Women, Scientology, El Ni Fidencio, Santeria, and Freedom Park. The contributors are social scientists with first-hand kwledge of the groups they examine.
- Author BiographyWILLIAM W. ZELLNER is Professor of Sociology at East Central University in Ada, Oklahoma. He is the author of numerous articles, essays, and books, including Extraordinary Groups (sixth edition, 1997) and Countercultures: A Sociological Analysis (1995). MARC PETROWSKY is Associate Professor of Sociology at East Central University in Ada, Oklahoma. He is the coauthor of the forthcoming sixth edition of Introduction to Sociology, with Richard F. Larson and Marvin F. White.
- Author(s)Marc Petrowsky,William W. Zellner
- Date of Publication18/06/1998
- SubjectReligion: Comparative, General & Reference
- Series TitleReligion in the Age of Transformation
- Place of PublicationWestport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPraeger Publishers Inc
- Content Note1, black & white illustrations
- Weight457 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.