All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.18
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.88
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.02
- AU $14.45Trending at AU $21.66
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.07
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.81
- AU $30.45Trending at AU $51.50
About this product
- DescriptionSearching for the right school for a child with an autism spectrum disorder (ASD) opens up a huge and complicated world, and it can be difficult to kw where to begin. What should you look out for in a school? What questions should you ask? How do you choose between different educational approaches and programmes? This accessible guide cuts through all of the jargon surrounding special educational needs (SEN) and walks parents and professionals through the entire journey of securing appropriate educational provision for a child with autism spectrum disorder (ASD). The author explains the implications of having, or t having, a diagsis; how to obtain a Statement of SEN; how to find and secure an appropriate school; and how to work effectively with outside agencies. She provides clear explanations of all of the legal aspects of the process, including SEN law, the SEN Code of Practice and the new guidelines for SEND tribunals. Recognising that mainstream schooling is t the best option in every case, she also shows that independent schools and home-schooling can be viable options in some cases. A multitude of useful resources, websites and other sources of further information are also included. Whether you are the parent or carer of a child with ASD, or a professional working with children with autism, the ideas and information in this book will steer you through the complex maze of issues surrounding how to secure appropriate education provision for children with ASD.
- Author BiographyAllison Hope-West is Head of Education at the Sheiling School, Ringwood, and a distance learning tutor on the M(ed) Autism course at the University of Birmingham. She was previously Director of Special Educational Needs Placements for the Cambian Group, which provides specialist residential education and care for young people with autistic spectrum disorders.
- Author(s)Allison Hope-West
- PublisherJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Date of Publication15/11/2010
- SubjectCareers & Success
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Weight226 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Foreword byGlenys Jones
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.