Securing Utility and Energy Infrastructures: Energy Infrastructures by Larry Ness (Hardback, 2006)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $209.13+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $80.95+ AU $50.00 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $28.69Trending at AU $30.81
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.80
- AU $44.48Trending at AU $52.87
- AU $34.28Trending at AU $38.66
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.34
- AU $44.27Trending at AU $52.85
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.19
About this product
- DescriptionThe latest security measures for utility and energy industries Addressing the growing post-9/11 concern about the safety of the utility and energy industries, SecuringUtility and Energy Infrastructures presents a detailed blueprint for safeguarding these vital fields. This comprehensive guide discusses how to protect the electric, oil and gas, nuclear, telecommunications, and water industries from a conventional or terrorist attack. Written for anyone who is charged with the safety of these industries, Securing Utility and Energy Infrastructures explains how to look for and monitor potential physical vulnerabilities at a plant or water facility, what contaminants might be introduced to cause a catastrophic event, and how to integrate and perform vulnerability assessments and emergency response plans. This practical manual also examines the differences between a terrorist attack and a conventional mode of attack and the ecomic impact of each. Securing Utility and Energy Infrastructures contains insightful information on: The latest security techlogy and tools available, including biotoxicity monitors and cb detection systems Security crisis management planning and security policies, procedures, and guidelines Industry-specific security issues and infrastructure security programs Current federal, state, and private safety efforts and their costs Securing Utility and Energy Infrastructures stresses the importance of a proactive rather than a reactive approach to the safety of utility and energy industries. This text is an essential resource for federal and state utility regulators, industrial hygienists, first responders, Hazmat professionals, safety professionals, utility managers, IT professionals, and the criminal justice community at the federal, state, and local level.
- Author BiographyLARRY NESS, PhD, has been involved in law enforcement and security since 1970. He has authored numerous articles on security and taught courses on law enforcement and security. He is currently president and owner of Ness Group International, a security consulting and investigative group specializing in the utility and energy industries.
- Author(s)Larry Ness
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication25/07/2006
- SubjectIndustrial Studies: General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations , maps
- Weight624 g
- Width163 mm
- Height236 mm
- Spine23 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.