All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.31Trending at AU $49.44
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.29
- AU $28.58Trending at AU $31.02
- AU $70.18Trending at AU $77.15
- AU $74.43Trending at AU $76.54
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.56
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume brings together original essays by internationally rewned scholars who provide a wide-ranging examination of national security in India. They discuss strategic and foreign policy issues that lie at the heart of India's security concerns in today's world order. The book charts India's growth from a poor, developing country to a middle-ranking nuclear power and examines its position in a US-dominated world order. It then looks at India's relations with its nuclear neighbours-China and Pakistan and explores possibilities of nuclear risk-reduction in the South Asian region. The volume ends with two essays on Subrahmanyam's contribution to the security debate and a select bibliography of his writings.
- Author BiographyP. R. Kumaraswamy teaches contemporary Middle East at Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi, and is the Honorary Director of Middle East Institute, New Delhi (MEI@ND). He was a research Fellow at the Harry S.Truman Research Institute for the Advancement of Peace, the Hebrew University of Jerusalem (1991-1999). Ever since joining JNU in September 1999, he has been researching, teaching and writing on various aspects of contemporary Middle East. His works include India's Israel Policy, A to Z of Arab-Israeli Conflict and Persian Gulf 2013.
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication07/10/2004
- SubjectInternational Relations
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSAGE Publications Inc
- Out-of-print date03/06/2013
- Weight449 g
- Width139 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byP. R. Kumaraswamy
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.