Security Careers: Skills, Compensation, and Career Paths by Stephen W. Walker, James E. Foushee (Paperback, 2014)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $99.71+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $32.44+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.54
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.40
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.95
- AU $70.89Trending at AU $79.84
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.15
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.10
- AU $17.07Trending at AU $23.45
About this product
- DescriptionThe third edition of Security Careers is the authoritative reference for current job descriptions and pay practices of security, compliance, and ethics occupations. The job descriptions and compensation ranges in this report are drawn from research from the Foushee Group, which has been conducting this research since 1980. Security Careers includes more than 75 job descriptions for security-related positions, which range from the entry-level security guard to the top global corporate executive. It also provides four years of compensation trend data to give a thorough understanding of competitive pay practices across the industry. This book can be used by anyone who manages security personnel or by security professionals who want to develop their careers. Security Careers is a part of Elsevier's Security Executive Council Risk Management Portfolio, a collection of real world solutions and how-to guidelines that equip executives, practitioners, and educators with proven information for successful security and risk management programs.
- Author BiographyMr. Walker is the senior partner of the Foushee Group, Inc. He has more than 18 years of experience in the management consulting field. He specializes in incentive plan design and implementation, salary and wage administration program development, and compensation survey design and development. In the field of compensation, Mr. Walker has managed projects in a variety of industries including high technology, engineering services, information systems, national laboratories, pharmaceutical, energy, and venture capital. He has worked with senior management to review and develop compensation programs that are designed to serve the business objectives and management philosophies unique to each organization. Mr. Walker holds a BS in business administration, and is a former Commissioned Officer in the United States Marine Corps. He is a frequent lecturer to professional and business groups, author, faculty member for the Security Executive Council, and is a member of a variety of human resources and compensation organizations. In 2009, Mr. Walker was voted one of the most influential people in security by Security magazine. Mr. Foushee has over 30 years of experience in the management consulting profession. Currently, he is the managing director of the Foushee Group, Inc., which he founded in 1980 to provide consulting services in all aspects of compensation program design and in organization analysis, planning, and structuring. The firm serves a wide variety of high technology manufacturing, transportation, retail/wholesale, and financial services companies. Client companies range from start-up and emerging firms to Fortune 500 corporations. For the past 30 years, the firm's staff has focused its efforts in the research of pay practices of environmental, health, safety, security, ethics, and business conduct occupations. Their experience in this endeavor has provided them with a unique expertise to produce America's only comprehensive studies of compensation practices in the environmental, health and safety, and security and compliance fields. Mr. Foushee holds graduate degrees in business management and psychology. He is a frequent lecturer to professional and business groups and is active in a variety of professional and civic organizations.
- Author(s)James E. Foushee,Stephen W. Walker
- PublisherElsevier Science Publishing Co Inc
- Date of Publication17/01/2014
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintElsevier Science Publishing Co Inc
- Weight390 g
- Width190 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.