Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.38Trending at AU $49.05
- AU $74.49Trending at AU $75.94
- AU $22.11Trending at AU $22.83
- AU $35.53Trending at AU $38.73
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.24
- AU $17.62Trending at AU $22.87
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.49
About this product
- DescriptionThe security relationship between India and Pakistan is generally viewed through a neo-realist approach of International Relations. Treading on a different path, this book explains the rivalry of these countries by looking at the socio-cultural rms found at two levels, elites versus popular. Furthermore, it also conceptualizes a hypothetical India-Pakistan security community that could result in peace in the region. The book describes how the rivalry between India and Pakistan is mostly centred on the elites of the two countries. It highlights the presence of a unique rmative structure through social practices found at the popular level, and looks at how the common people of both India and Pakistan share many socio-cultural rms. Employing the theoretical framework of social constructivist approach of International Relations as well as the methodology of critical discourse analysis, the book discusses how an effort can be made to develop the concept of a bottom-up security community, from the popular to the elite level, and the impact this would potentially have for India and Pakistan. An interesting and valuable approach for analysing these issues of security through the socio-cultural lens, this book is of interest to academics and scholars of South Asian Politics, Security Studies and International Relations.
- Author BiographyMuhammad Shoaib Pervez is Assistant Professor of International Relations at Lahore School of Economics and post-doctoral Fulbright Fellow at SIPA, Columbia University, New York, USA.
- Author(s)Muhammad Shoaib Pervez
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication14/08/2012
- SubjectInternational Relations
- Series TitleRoutledge Studies in South Asian Politics
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note1 black & white illustrations, 1 black & white line drawings
- Weight430 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.