Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.86
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.50Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $24.09Trending at AU $28.32
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $13.35
About this product
- DescriptionAsia is experiencing major changes in its security relations. This book brings together respected experts to assess both the theoretical and empirical dimensions of the Asian security debate. Building on the latest research on Asia's regional security politics, it focuses on the 'regional-global nexus' as a way to understand the dynamics of Asian security politics and its intersection with global security. Contributors to the volume offer diverse but complementary perspectives on which issues and factors are most important in explaining how security politics in Asia can be interpreted at both the regional and global levels of analysis. Issues addressed include power balancing and alliances, governance and democracy, maritime and energy security, the relationship between ecomics and security, 'human security', terrorism, nuclear n-proliferation, climate change and pandemics. This work will serve as a standard reference on the evolution of key issues in Asian security.
- Author BiographyWilliam T. Tow is a Professor of International Security in the Department of International Relations at the Australian National University and a Chief Investigator for the Australian Research Council's Centre of Excellence for Policing and Security (CEPS). He has served on the Australian Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade's (DFAT's) Foreign Affairs Council and the Australian-American Fulbright Commission's Board of Directors.
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication15/10/2009
- SubjectInternational Relations
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note2 tables
- Weight520 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byWilliam T. Tow
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.