All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA framework for formalizing risk management thinking in today's complex business environment Security Risk Management Body of Kwledge details the security risk management process in a format that can easily be applied by executive managers and security risk management practitioners. Integrating kwledge, competencies, methodologies, and applications, it demonstrates how to document and incorporate best-practice concepts from a range of complementary disciplines. Developed to align with International Standards for Risk Management such as ISO 31000 it enables professionals to apply security risk management (SRM) principles to specific areas of practice. Guidelines are provided for: Access Management; Business Continuity and Resilience; Command, Control, and Communications; Consequence Management and Business Continuity Management; Counter-Terrorism; Crime Prevention through Environmental Design; Crisis Management; Environmental Security; Events and Mass Gatherings; Executive Protection; Explosives and Bomb Threats; Home-Based Work; Human Rights and Security; Implementing Security Risk Management; Intellectual Property Protection; Intelligence Approach to SRM; Investigations and Root Cause Analysis; Maritime Security and Piracy; Mass Transport Security; Organizational Structure; Pandemics; Personal Protective Practices; Psych-ology of Security; Red Teaming and Scenario Modeling; Resilience and Critical Infrastructure Protection; Asset-, Function-, Project-, and Enterprise-Based Security Risk Assessment; Security Specifications and Postures; Security Training; Supply Chain Security; Transnational Security; and Travel Security. Security Risk Management Body of Kwledge is supported by a series of training courses, DVD seminars, tools, and templates. This is an indispensable resource for risk and security professional, students, executive management, and line managers with security responsibilities.
- Author BiographyJulian Talbot is the Practice Leader for Risk Management with JBS, a specialist business strategy and risk management company. Previously he held roles as manager of security for the Australian governments most extensive over-seas network (Austrade) and for Australias largest natural resources project, Woodsides $20 billion North West Shelf Venture. He has also held roles as a director with the Risk Management Institution of Australasia (RMIA), director of the Australian Institute of Professional Intelligence Officers, and a research associate with the Australian Homeland Security Research Centre. Miles Jakeman, PhD, is the Managing Director of Citadel Group Limited. His key skills cover business strategy, program management, and security risk management. Dr. Jakeman has worked with defense, intelligence, and national security agencies, as well as multinational companies. He is a member of the Australian Institute of Company Directors and the ACT Capital Angels, a preferred risk management supplier to the Australasian Business Travelers Association and an Associate of RMIA.
- Author(s)Julian Talbot,Miles Jakeman
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication04/09/2009
- SubjectManagement Techniques: Professional
- Series TitleWiley Series in Systems Engineering and Management
- Place of PublicationHoboken
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight1332 g
- Width184 mm
- Height255 mm
- Spine30 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $13.74Trending at AU $16.20
- AU $35.30Trending at AU $37.95
- AU $14.06Trending at AU $20.88
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.29
- AU $30.82Trending at AU $34.85
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.26
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.