All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.79Trending at AU $65.19
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.53
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.61
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.86
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.96
- AU $110.99Trending at AU $112.12
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.36
About this product
- DescriptionNew York-based multi-talent Robert W Richards has made a career out of seducing people. Since his earliest homo-erotic illustrations in publications like The Advocate and Mandate , Richards' unique style has become highly recognizable for its high-end simplicity and sexy idiosyncratic style. Seduction: Erotic Illustrations traces the artist's work from the present back to its beginnings, proving that seduction is something at which Richards is a true master.
- Author BiographyBorn in 1941 in a small town in Maine where dreaming was not encouraged, Robert W Richards soon learned to live a private, interior, solitary life. He immersed himself in drawing an imaginary world of beautiful men and women-Gary Cooper, Garbo, Dietrich, and Marilyn. At 16, he wrangled a full scholarship to the prestigious School of the Museum of Fine Arts in Boston. Too young to appreciate the academic discipline of the classical curriculum, Richards quit school and started doing advertising artwork.After moving to New York, he plunged into the world of fashion, sketching collections in Paris, Rome, Milan, and Los Angeles for three American newspapers and doing beauty illustrations for L'Oreal, Clairol, and Revlon. After many seasons in this fashion world, fatigue set in, and his long suppressed desire to draw men took over. It was then that a career in male erotica began. Mandate , Honcho , Torso , Stallion , Men - all became home to his artwork throughout the 1970s and 1980s. Robert is on the Board of Directors of the Leslie-Lohman Museum of Gay and Lesbian Art, New York.
- Author(s)Robert W. Richards
- PublisherBruno Gmuender GmbH
- Date of Publication31/03/2016
- SubjectIndividual Artists / Art Monographs
- Place of PublicationBerlin
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintBruno Gmuender GmbH
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight1134 g
- Width260 mm
- Height340 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.