All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFollow a gray seal on a journey from sand to sea in an engaging, richly illustrated story with surefire kid appeal. On the shore, a seal looks like a slow, dozy creature that spends its time lazing around or flumping along the sand. But underwater, it s a different story. Splash! Seal dives deep, with a body just the right shape to shoot through the water and power down with his back flippers. He slips through a seaweed forest, and sensing a predator nearby dives even deeper to stay safe. Finally it s time to make a sudden twist and turn to catch his fishy dinner. Merging a lyrical narrative sprinkled with fascinating facts and aww-inspiring illustrations, here is one nature adventure that s hard to resist.Back matter includes an index.
- Author BiographyChris Butterworth is the author of more than seventy nonfiction books for children, including Sea Horse: The Shyest Fish in the Sea and How Did That Get in My Lunchbox? The Story of Food. She lives in England. Kate Nelms graduated from the University of the West of England with a BA in illustration. See What a Seal Can Do is her first book. She lives in England.
- Author(s)Chris Butterworth
- PublisherCandlewick Press (MA)
- Date of Publication06/08/2013
- SubjectChildren's General Interest & Leisure
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCandlewick Press (MA)
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight440 g
- Width249 mm
- Height277 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Illustrator(s)Kate Nelms
- Format DetailsSewn,Paper over boards,With dust jacket
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $89.29Trending at AU $101.91
- AU $44.49Trending at AU $50.23
- AU $13.45Trending at AU $16.59
- AU $12.60Trending at AU $15.75
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $18.91
- AU $10.54Trending at AU $13.65
- AU $8.43Trending at AU $10.71
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.