All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.78
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.10
- AU $35.12Trending at AU $54.44
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.00
- AU $35.62Trending at AU $37.37
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.75
About this product
- DescriptionThe Pennine Way. The grandfather of walking trails in the UK. For over 60 years walkers have been drawn to its journey across wild and empty moorland, murky bogs, cloud covered summits and endless rain. Yet somehow it has a hyptic charm that persuades people to walk it, even if they never intended to do so. People like Andrew Bowden. Despite having absolutely intent at all of walking the whole thing, somehow a two day jaunt in the Yorkshire Dales became an epic journey over several years. The Pennine Way grabbed him by the lapels - or should that be, the Gore-Tex jacket - and made the convincing case for walking between Edale and Kirk Yetholm. Somehow. And despite regularly being soaked to the bone in heavy rain, almost losing boots in sticky mud, getting stuck in a bog, and - on one memorable occasion - being swed in, in a remote village in Northumberland, somehow he kept going, got to the end, and lived to tell the tale. See You in Kirk Yetholm is that tale. The tale of a walk that did its uttermost to put him off, but never succeeded.
- Author BiographyAndrew Bowden was born and raised in Hyde, Greater Manchester and spent much of his early years being dragged around Etherow Country Park a few miles from his parents' house. After abandoning hiking in his teenage years in favour of spending far too much time in front of computer games, he returned to the hills after falling in love with a section of the Pennine Way. Since rediscovering his hiking boots, he has walked a fair number of long distance trails, including the Coast to Coast, Pennine Way, West Highland Way and the Cumbria Way. He writes about walking on his website, Rambling Man, at ramblingman.org.uk, and can also be found on Twitter at twitter.com/andrewbowden Andrew lives in London with his partner Catherine and son, Sam.
- Author(s)Andrew Paul Bowden
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication22/04/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectTravel Writing
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight304 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.