All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $26.38Trending at AU $37.71
- AU $53.09Trending at AU $58.40
- AU $28.52Trending at AU $29.22
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.32
- AU $30.98Trending at AU $39.61
- AU $11.25Trending at AU $14.70
- AU $25.62Trending at AU $32.55
About this product
- DescriptionJust as spring struggles to break through late winter, in Kathleen Driskell's new poetry collection, <i>Seed Across Sw</i>, understanding attempts to thaw untended griefs, long dormant. In colorful lyric and complex narrative, Driskell's poems center on recent tragedies surrounding her family's home in an old church rumored to be haunted: a neighbor nearly killed while fetching her mail, a girl abducted and left for dead on the highway behind her house, the drownings of two boys in a local creek. Poems are bound, too, with old sorrows from her past. Each memory that surfaces while living in the old church with its small graveyard next door, reminds that the most sacred, the family, is also the most fragile.
- Author BiographyAward-winning poet and teacher Kathleen Driskell serves as the Associate Program Director of Spalding University s brief-residency Master of Fine Arts in Writing Program in Louisville, Kentucky, where she is Associate Professor of Creative Writing.She is the author of one previous book of poetry, Laughing Sickness (in its second printing), and the editor of two anthologies of creative writing.Her poems have appeared in many nationally known literary magazines including North American Review, The Southern Review, and The Greensboro Review. Kathleen lives with her husband and two children in an old country church built before the Civil War.
- Author(s)Kathleen Driskell
- PublisherRed Hen Press
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationPasadena
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRed Hen Press
- Weight159 g
- Width150 mm
- Height224 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.