CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Seeds of Old Wisdom: Proverbs from Many Countries Volume I of II: Proverbs and Wisdom from Many Countries, Thousands of Rules to Make Yourself Healthy, Wealthy and Wise by Cedargrove Mastermind Group (Paperback / softback, 2011)
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.09
- AU $166.95Trending at AU $170.17
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.55
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.59
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.99
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.38
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.54
About this product
- DescriptionProverbs, aphorisms, epigrams, sayings, maxims, and so on are the refined gems of wisdom of a culture. They are often so mundane they are invisible, yet they are the foundation of much of our culture. One does t understand a language, or a culture, until one kws its proverbs and stories. Proverbs are the whispers of the ancients, of our ancestors, down through time. They are bits of wisdom, observations of detail, pattern, and process, designed to spare people from painful experience, or to guide them towards success. This is a collection of proverbs from many parts of the world, though predominantly from Western culture. Proverbs are sorted alphabetically. I had idea there were so many, when I started this project, it has taken 11 years to get this together. This is a book to be enjoyed at fireside, perhaps with cheese and crackers to the side, slowly, the way books used to be read.
- Author BiographyCedargrove Mastermind Group is just a group of people who got together, following the rough outlines of Napoleon Hill's ideas. We work as a sounding board, cheerleaders, pain drainers, and support group for each other. As the Newtonian/Cartesian paradigm folds into the Systems/Quantum Mechanics paradigm, we'll see more and more recognition that we are more than just ourselves- that we are a node point of our relationships. We have a lot of fun together. This book is one product of that.
- Author(s)Cedargrove Mastermind Group
- Date of Publication21/06/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectUsage & Writing Guides
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight476 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.