All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.84
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.82
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.31
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.95
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.00
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.15
- AU $24.97Trending at AU $28.26
About this product
- DescriptionAn illustrated introduction to saving seeds--how to harvest seeds from your own garden, set up a seed library to share with your community, and grow plants from your own seed stash. With a directory of plants and easy-to-follow instructions, this is the perfect book for first-time gardeners. In an exciting introduction to the global seed-swapping movement, passionate seed activist Josie Jeffery explores why we should care about our plant heritage and, most importantly, explains how to do it. With an invaluable directory of all the best seeds to swap and save, Seedswap provides all the tools you need to start your very own growing revolution. This book covers the what, who, and whys of seed swapping and seed saving. It advises where to start and how to get involved with the worldwide horticultural campaign to save our seeds. The work of seed activist individuals and groups is highlighted with inspirational tips and tales, and there is insight into the practices of major seed companies and how this has affected seed diversity, as well as how seed breeding affects the future of plants. The work of seed collections and seed banks is explored, and advice is given on how to collect, clean, store, preserve, and raise seeds. The second part of the book contains an extensive plant directory, which is full of advice on how to grow plants from seed to seed. ContentsForeword by Alan Philips, Seedy SundayIntroduction by Andy Jackson, Kew1. Seed Swapping2. An Introduction to Seeds3. The Benefits of Swapping4. Sourcing and Saving Seeds5. Seed Banks6. Create a Seed Bank7. Raising SeedsSeed DirectorySeedswap TroubleshooterSeed LibrariesGlossaryIndex
- Author BiographyJOSIE JEFFERY is a keen horticulturalist, seed activist, and grassroots gardener. She studied hoticulture and garden design in Brighton, where since 2009 she's also run a successful business, SeedFreedom. Josie is the author of Seedbombs: Going Wild with Flowers (Ivy Press, 2011) and Good Companions: The Mix & Match Guide to Companion Planting (Ivy Press, 2012).
- Author(s)Josie Jeffery
- PublisherRoost Books
- Date of Publication07/01/2014
- SubjectAgriculture & Farming
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRoost Books
- Weight567 g
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.