All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOne of the most common problems with Christians in our modern secularized world is that they don't feel the reality of Jesus. Sure, they believe in him and love him, but he somehow doesn't seem to enter their daily lives in a real sense. Some might say, You ought to pray more. Others would advise, You ought to witness more. While this may be true, we don't get closer to God just because we ought to. Boyd believes that the way to true spiritual transformation and feeling the presence of God in your life comes from a little R and R: rest and reality. Boyd encourages readers to stop striving and learn to rest in an experience of Jesus as real. The best way to do this, he says, is through imaginative prayer. Experiencing Jesus will teach readers how to use God's gracious gift of creative imagination to kw him better and feel his presence in their daily lives.
- Author BiographyGregory A. Boydis senior pastor of Woodland Hills Church of St. Paul, Minnesota. He is the author of eleven books, including the best-selling Gold Medallion award winner, Letters from a Skeptic.
- Author(s)Gregory A Boyd
- PublisherBaker Publishing Group
- Date of Publication01/04/2004
- SubjectReligion: Comparative, General & Reference
- Place of PublicationAda, MI
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBaker Books, a division of Baker Publishing Group
- Weight304 g
- Width137 mm
- Height213 mm
- Spine14 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.85
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.