All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $70.99
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.73
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.29
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.09
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $36.97
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.76
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $85.59
About this product
- DescriptionSeeing the World , Dick Davis' second book of poems, received the Royal Society of Literature Award under the W. H. Heinemann Bequest in 1981. Dana Gioia wrote in The Hudson Review that it 'confirms my impression that he is one of the two or three best young poets w writing in England...There is mistaking one of his poems. More than any other English poet of his generation, Davis has created a distinctly personal voice'.
- Author BiographyDick Davis was born in 1945, and after graduating from King's College, Cambridge, he worked as a teacher in various places including Iran, where he lived for eight years. With his wife Afkham Darbandi he has translated Attar's 'The Conference of the Birds' for Penguin Classics.
- PrizesWinner of Royal Society of Literature Award 1981.
- Author(s)Dick Davis
- PublisherCarcanet Press Ltd
- Date of Publication01/05/1980
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationManchester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAnvil Press Poetry
- Weight104 g
- Width137 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine5 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.