All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $30.33Trending at AU $32.13
- AU $75.04Trending at AU $77.01
- AU $12.55Trending at AU $13.05
- AU $46.02Trending at AU $53.13
- AU $41.46Trending at AU $49.82
- AU $28.97Trending at AU $31.76
- AU $12.15Trending at AU $14.05
About this product
- DescriptionAfter an epic adventure that will become the stuff of legend, Jame has been reunited with her older brother Torisen and with her people, the Kencyrath. But when she is placed in the Women's Halls and expected to become a rmal, quiet Kencyr lady, rmal and quiet are t what the Women's Halls are going to get. Shadow Guild Assassins, ghosts, and other strange beings are soon after her, sprung t only from her own adventurous past but from the tragic, mysterious events that nearly annihilated her family in her father's time. Jame's adventures continue as she arrives at the randon military college Tentir to face cut-throat competition and find even more buried, poisous family secrets. The Kencyr have a phrase, 'to ride a rathorn', referring to a task too dangerous either to accomplish or to give up. This is true for Jame both figuratively, given her military career in a college which Highborn girl has ever attended before, and literally, in that she is being stalked by one of these murderous, ivory-clad creatures whose mother she killed and who is w after her blood. This title collects two epic vels of fantasy adventure in one volume: Seeker's Mask and To Ride a Rathorn .
- Author BiographyPat Hodgell can't remember a time when she wasn't passionately interested in science fiction and fantasy. She's sold stories to such anthologies as <i>Berkley Showcase</i>, <i>Elsewhere III</i>, and <i>Imaginary Lands</i> and has also published four novels. <i>God</i><i>Stalk</i> and <i>Dark of the Moon</i>, the novels included in <i>The God Stalker </i>Chronicles, begin her critically praised fantasy saga which is concerned not! only with high adventure, but also with questions of personal identity, religion, politics, honor, and arboreal drift. She earned her doctorate at the University of Minnesota with a dissertation on Sir Walter Scott's <i>Ivanhoe</i>, and is a graduate of both the Clarion and the Milford Writers Workshops. Recently retired, she was a lecturer at the University of Wisconsin-Oshkosh in modern British literature and composition, and teaches an distant training course on science fiction and fantasy for the University of Minnesota. Pat lives in Oshkosh, Wisconsin, in a nineteenth-century wood-framed house, which has been in her family for generations. In addition to writing and teaching, she attends science fiction conventions, collects yarn, knits, embroiders, raises cats, makes her own Christmas cards and blogs at www.pchodgell.com.
- Author(s)P. C. Hodgell
- PublisherBaen Books
- Date of Publication31/08/2010
- SubjectScience Fiction & Fantasy
- Place of PublicationRiverdale
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBaen Books
- Content Notemaps
- Weight485 g
- Width111 mm
- Height176 mm
- Spine40 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.