Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.95Trending at AU $73.95
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.33
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.77
- AU $92.88Trending at AU $103.09
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.00
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $44.79
- AU $46.32Trending at AU $48.00
About this product
- DescriptionA Hindu ashram. A Buddhist meditation center. A Cistercian monastery. Today, thousands of people, hungry to live more balanced and spiritually centered lives, flock to these sources of ancient wisdom. According to M. Basil Pennington, one of the spiritual masters of our age, seekers who visit his monastery want to kw the Christian method of transformation. He replies that it is lectio divina-and ancient practice of sacred reading. As Pennington explains, If each day a word of the Lord can truly come alive for us and can form our mind and heart, we will have that mind of Christ. This Book presents forty Scripture passages from the life of Christ, paired with a compelling meditation by Basil Pennington. By sharing the fruits of his own lectio, Pennington provids an illuminating daily guide to seeking his mind.
- Author BiographyM. BASIL PENNINGTON, OCSO, was a monk at St. Joseph's Abbey in Spencer, Massachusetts. He was the author of numerous books including the classic, Centering Prayer (more than one million copies sold), O Holy Mountain, Journey in a Holy Land and Seeking His Mind (Paraclete). Dom Basil died in the summer of 2005 from injuries sustained in a car accident.
- Author(s)M. Basil Pennington
- PublisherParaclete Press
- Date of Publication01/04/2008
- SubjectReligion: Comparative, General & Reference
- Place of PublicationOrleans, MA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintParaclete Press
- Weight191 g
- Width137 mm
- Height204 mm
- Spine10 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.