All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.19
- AU $70.86Trending at AU $126.99
- AU $6.83Trending at AU $10.45
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.54
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $22.31
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.48
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.72
About this product
- DescriptionSilence-seeker Adam Ford wisely interrogates the quiet spaces and pauses in life, drawing upon the spiritual use of solitude in religious traditions from native American inititation ceremonies to Christian hermitages. He examines the creative power of silence as a source of inner strength and self-kwledge, and also reveals its darker side when used as a political or relationship weapon. Adam shares frank revelations from his own quest for solitude, and his discovery that silence is the hidden gem hinted at in the Lotus sutra, the precious stone we all unkwingly possess within. Through personal anecdote and daily meditations, Seeking Silence in a Noisy World shows how we all find moments of soothing peace to urish our spirits in an increasingly chaotic world.
- Author BiographyAdam Ford is the author of The Art of Mindful Walking.
- Author(s)Adam Ford
- PublisherAllen & Unwin
- Date of Publication01/01/2012
- SubjectMind, Body & Spirit: General
- Place of PublicationSt Leonards, NSW
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- First Published2012
- ImprintCrows Nest
- Weight260 g
- Width130 mm
- Height200 mm
- Interest AgeFrom
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.