All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.93
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $73.27
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.59
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.47
- AU $46.37Trending at AU $48.34
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.40
About this product
- DescriptionJoe Brearley should have spent the Second World-War in the Far East and Singapore but a 'lucky' encounter with a submarine diverted him to the Middle East. Joe recorded in journals, diaries and letters home everything he did in those wartime years apart from the duties that were censored for security. This volume deals with the time he spent as a British RAF officer in Wartime Cairo, the Sudan, and his overland journey to Libya. There are descriptions of some amazing characters, many wonderful places, and journeys by Air, Train, Steamer, and Air Force truck. Joe Brearley was a lad from Yorkshire who went to Cambridge University followed by a few years in pre-War Germany teaching English to the daughter of a well kwn family. As War clouds gathered he returned to teaching back in England and subsequent service in the Royal Air Force. 'SEEN FROM THE WINGS' has been complied from his considerable writings, diaries and journals.
- Date of Publication01/09/2010
- SubjectBiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Place of PublicationAylesbury
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight373 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.