All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.25
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.80
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.96
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.27
- AU $34.66Trending at AU $36.07
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $50.46Trending at AU $57.09
About this product
- DescriptionSeismic isolation offers the highest degree of earthquake protection to buildings and their inhabitants. Modern applications of the techlogy are less than 50 years old and uptake in seismically active regions continues to soar. Seismic Isolation for Architects is a comprehensive introduction to the theory and practice in this field. Based on the latest research findings and the authors' extensive experience, coverage includes the application, effectiveness, benefits, and limitations of seismic isolation, as well as the architectural form, design aspects, retrofitting, ecomics, construction, and maintenance related to this method. The book is written for an international audience: the authors review codes and practices from a number of countries and draw on examples from eleven territories including the US, Chile, Argentina, Italy, Japan, and New Zealand. Aimed at readers without prior kwledge of structural engineering, the book provides an accessible, n-technical approach without using equations or calculations, instead using over 200 drawings, diagrams and images to support the text. This book is key reading for students on architecture and civil engineering courses looking for a clear introduction to seismic-resistant design, as well as architects and engineers working in seismically active regions.
- Author BiographyAndrew Charleson is an Associate Professor at the School of Architecture, Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand. A structural engineer with many years' earthquake engineering experience, he now teaches Structures. He has previously authored two books, Seismic Design for Architects and Structure as Architecture. Adriana Guisasola is an architect and Associate Professor in Structures at the Faculty of Architecture, Urban Planning and Design, Mendoza University, Argentina. She is in the process of completing her doctoral thesis on Architecture and Base Isolation . She has authored many papers for world conferences on earthquake engineering and seismic isolation, energy dissipation, and active vibration control of structures. Between them, the authors have been actively involved in the design and construction of three seismically isolated buildings and have visited and studied over 60 more in 11 different countries.
- Author(s)Adriana Guisasola,Andrew Charleson
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication14/07/2016
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note174 colour illustrations, 3 black & white tables, 134 colour illustrations, 40 colour line drawings
- Weight582 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine13 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.