All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $34.30Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.20
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.01
- AU $21.17Trending at AU $25.58
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $30.28Trending at AU $35.05
About this product
- DescriptionWhen, aged just eighteen, Gordon Huntington joined the Territorial Army, he knew there would be trouble..... It came one morning, 20th June 1942, at breakfast when one of the shells split a rifle leaning against the wall near me. Suddenly there was panic. Our young officer on duty threw himself under a table, shaking like a lily, and a voice called out, Does anyone here kw how to use a Bren gun? I panicked, then said, Yes, I do. Gordon's tales of armed combat, capture and escape from the enemy give an illuminating insight into what it was like at the sharp end, during an extraordinary time of world war. Amazingly, Gordon's father kept a dossier of correspondence pertaining to the war. This volume contains a unique chrological history of written documentation from parties including the Army, The British Red Cross Society, the Vatican War Enquiry Department, and from Gordon himself, whilst a prisoner of war. His memoirs include the incent times prior to World War II and detail what happened afterwards, when the war ended and he had to pick up the pieces of ordinary life. Always one to seek out and grab opportunities, he shows us how the make the most of possibilities, using gut instinct and daring. In Seize the Day, Gordon has captured both the good times and the bad times of his life and w shares his experiences with those who care to read them.
- Author BiographyGordon Harold Huntington was born on 26th May 1920 in Streatham, near London, England. He is the eldest of three brothers. After a sound academic grounding, his further education was gained in the Second World War and on the streets of real life, grasping opportunities when he spotted them. He lives alone in Budleigh Salterton, Devon. Seize the Day is his first book and is intended to capture the highlights and lowlights of his life so far, at the age of 93, in perpetuity.
- Author(s)Gordon Huntington
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication10/09/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectBiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight249 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.