All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.93
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $73.27
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.59
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.47
- AU $46.37Trending at AU $48.34
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.40
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.45
About this product
- DescriptionFor critics like John Ruskin and Walter Pater, Dante Gabriel Rossetti (1828-1892) was one of the great creative figures of the day, a painter and a poet of major stature. Yeats and the young Pound regarded him as an exemplary figure of solitary dedication to art and beauty. In this selection Clive Wilmer has made a personal choice, emphasizing the 'pure poetry' of the lyrics at the expense of the more conventionally Victorian mologues and narratives.
- Author Biography<b>Dante Gabriel Rossetti </b>(12 May 1828 9 April 1882) was an English poet, illustrator, painter and translator. He founded the Pre-Raphaelite Brotherhood in 1848 with William Holman Hunt and John Everett Millais.<b>Clive Wilmer </b>(born 10 February 1945) is a British poet, who has published eight volumes of poetry. He is a Fellow of Sidney Sussex College, a Bye-Fellow of Fitzwilliam College, and an Affiliated Lecturer in the Faculty of English, University of Cambridge. He is also an Honorary Fellow and a Research Fellow at Anglia Ruskin University.
- Author(s)Dante Gabriel Rossetti
- PublisherCarcanet Press
- Date of Publication01/11/2016
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCarcanet Press
- Weight204 g
- Width133 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edited byClive Wilmer
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.