All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.09
- AU $46.37Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
About this product
- DescriptionKeith Waldrop is a quiet major poet, a major poet of quiet. His accomplishment is difficult to describe because his work refuses, in Bartelby-like fashion, the twin traps of impassivity and affectation: On my one hand, / stasis -- on the / other, striving for effect. In one of his very few interviews, Waldrop says: I think the worst fault a poem can have is striving for effect. Waldrop never strives; instead, he haunts-his presence is all the more powerful for barely being there, like a ghost you discover in a familiar photograph.
- Author BiographyKEITH WALDROP (born Emporia, Kansas, 1932) retired from Brown University in Providence, Rhode Island, where he still lives and, with Rosmarie Waldrop, is editor of the small press Burning Deck. His recent poetry books are The Not Forever (Omnidawn) and Transcendental Studies (University of California Press, National Book Award 2009). Siglio has published a book of collages, Several Gravities. His novel, Light While There Is Light, has been reissued by Dalkey Archive. He has translated Baudelaire's Flowers of Evil and Paris Spleen (Wesleyan University Press).
- Author(s)Keith Waldrop
- PublisherOmnidawn Publishing
- Date of Publication17/05/2016
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationRichmond, CA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintOmnidawn Publishing
- Weight454 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine23 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.