Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.23
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.11
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.05
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.87
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.29
- AU $57.95Trending at AU $58.89
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.02
About this product
- DescriptionMichael Hofmann's poems have been widely admired, tably for their gift of compressed and vividly pointed reportage, and the collision course of words and dictions that his poetry characteristically provokes. His subject matter has been equally individual, including his remarkable and complex series of 'father-poems', his subtle portraiture of the lives of others, East and West , together with his acerbic impressionism of contemporary England, and his exploration of Ador's injunction that 'it is part of morality t to be at home in one's home'.
- Author BiographyMichael Hofmann was born in Germany in 1957, and came to England in 1961. He has won a Cholmondeley Award and the Geoffrey Faber Memorial Prize for his poetry and has published numerous prize-winning translations from the German. In 2005, he edited the Faber Book of 20th Century German Poems.
- Author(s)Michael Hofmann
- PublisherFaber & Faber
- Date of Publication06/03/2008
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFaber & Faber
- Weight188 g
- Width131 mm
- Height197 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Edition StatementMain
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.