All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis selection makes available the full range of Robert Herrick's poetry: joyful eroticism, warm observations of rural life and shrewd epigrams, shadowed by an elegiac awareness of mortality and the fragility of beauty. The poems are animated by Herrick's humane and generous enjoyment of life, qualities that have made him one of the best-loved of English poets. David Jesson-Dibley's selection of the most important of Herrick's poems is arranged thematically, providing an introduction for readers new to Herrick, and a fresh perspective for those already familiar with his poetry. The introduction sets Herrick in the context of his times and contains suggestions for further reading.
- Author BiographyRobert Herrick was a 17th-century poet and priest. He is the author of Hesperides, a collection of lyric poetry, and Noble Numbers. David Jesson-Dibley is the principal reader for The Professional Author's and Publishers' Association.
- Author(s)Robert Herrick
- PublisherCarcanet Press Ltd
- Date of Publication24/04/2003
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationManchester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFyfield Books
- Content Notefurther reading
- Weight153 g
- Width137 mm
- Height218 mm
- Spine7 mm
- Edited byDavid Jesson-Dibley
- Volume editorDavid Jesson-Dibbley
- Edition StatementNew edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $34.30Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.20
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.01
- AU $21.17Trending at AU $25.58
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $30.28Trending at AU $34.60
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.