All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $103.88Trending at AU $107.66
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.45
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.63
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.74
- AU $49.79Trending at AU $51.97
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $104.72
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $88.64
About this product
- DescriptionThomas Kinsella is among the most distinguished modern poets. His work over fifty years has challenged and enriched the poetic landscape. Rooted in locality, Kinsella's poetry employs myth and modernism in explorations that range from intense lyricism to political satire and social commentary. This representative selection of the poetry he has published from 1956 to 2006 invites readers to explore the range of his poetic world.
- Author BiographyThomas Kinsella was born in Dublin in 1928. He attended University College, Dublin, entering the Civil Service in 1946. He has taught in the United States and established and administered the Irish Tradition study programme in Dublin, retiring in 1992. He was a director of the Dolmen Press and Cuala Press, Dublin, and in 1972 established Peppercanister Press. He is best known as a major poet (published by Dolmen, Peppercanister and Oxford University Press), a translator (of The Tain and Poems of the Dispossessed) and a radical anthologist (of the New Oxford Book of Irish Verse). His most recent book of poems, From Centre City, was published in 1994 by Oxford.
- Author(s)Thomas Kinsella
- PublisherCarcanet Press Ltd
- Date of Publication28/06/2007
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationManchester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCarcanet Press Ltd
- Width135 mm
- Height216 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.