All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $35.30Trending at AU $38.10
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.98
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.38
- AU $30.82Trending at AU $34.99
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.48
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.92
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $32.14
About this product
- DescriptionFurther solidifying Holderlin's place in history, this thorough collection of poetry ranges from the odes of his developmental period to the majestic hymns and strangely prophetic modern compositions created in his later years. Considered one of the founders of European romanticism, Holderlin had a mere 10 years to develop his distinctive style before falling prey to a debilitating mental illness, whose resultant works are the heartbreakingly sweet and melancholy pieces of the Spateste Gedichte (Last Poems). Each poem is presented in both its original German and a new English translation, while an illuminating introduction explores Holderlin's significance in the realm of literature as well as the tumultuous world in which he lived.
- Author BiographyFriedrich Holderlin was a major German lyric poet of the 18th century. Maxine Chernoff is the author of several books of poetry and fiction. She is the chair of the creative writing department at San Francisco State University. Paul Hoover is the editor of the influential anthology Postmodern American Poetry, co-editor of the literary magazine New American Writing, and author of nine previous poetry collections. He lives in Mill Valley, California.
- Author(s)Friedrich Holderlin
- PublisherOmnidawn Publishing
- Date of Publication01/09/2008
- LanguageEnglish, German
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationRichmond, CA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintOmnidawn Publishing
- Weight694 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Translated byMaxine Chernoff,Paul Hoover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.