All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $31.48Trending at AU $32.23
- AU $56.25Trending at AU $57.26
- AU $161.21Trending at AU $168.19
- AU $65.85Trending at AU $78.69
- AU $11.89Trending at AU $18.32
- AU $12.87Trending at AU $16.79
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $51.47
About this product
- DescriptionDark, weird, psychologically complex, Hawthorne's short fiction continues to fascinate readers. Brenda Wineapple has made a generous selection of Hawthorne's stories, including some of his best-kwn tales as well as other, less-often anthologized gems. In her introduction, she explores a writer whose best stories, as Wineapple has elsewhere observed, penetrate the secret horrors of ordinary life, those interstices in the general routine where suddenly something or someone shifts out of place, changing everything. The John Harvard Library edition reproduces the authoritative texts of Hawthorne's stories in The Centenary Edition of the Works of Nathaniel Hawthorne.
- Author BiographyBrenda Wineapple is Director of the Leon Levy Center for Biography at the Graduate School, CUNY, and teaches in the MFA programs at the New School and Columbia University. Her books include White Heat: The Friendship of Emily Dickinson and Thomas Wentworth Higginson and Hawthorne: A Life.
- Author(s)Nathaniel Hawthorne
- PublisherHarvard University Press
- Date of Publication03/06/2011
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Series TitleThe John Harvard Library
- Place of PublicationCambridge, Mass.
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintThe Belknap Press
- Weight340 g
- Width140 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Introduction byBrenda Wineapple
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound,Trade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.