All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBy Prof.Dr.A.T.Van Oosterom Head of the Department of Oncology at the Catholic University of Leuven, Belgium The word cancer defines over 180 different diseases. Some occurring quite often and are well kwn, others are very rare and sometimes so unkwn that the diagsis is t even suspected at operation. In this book, Dr.Debois, a retired radiation oncologist, describes a selected group of cancer types, some of which are difficult to find in the standard textbooks, in a logical format starting with their bibliography, history, incidence, anatomy, clinical presentation, diagsis and staging, treatment and follow-up. For the general oncologist in the community it gives the appropriate data to understand the described diseases and to familiarize him with the peculiar patient he has identified. The many tables and figures in every chapter contain an ermous amount of data difficult to collect without extensive searches. The mix of historical and new (genetic) data makes reading attractive. In my opinion this book will find his place in the library of every oncologist who wants to kw more about the rarer tumors he or she encounters. We kw a lot about the common tumors but too little about the diseases described here.
- Author BiographyDr. J.M. Debois is a retired radiation oncologist with forty years of academic and private practice. He has published two other books and more than a hundred articles, of which several appeared in peer-reviewed periodicals, case reports and reviews.
- Author(s)J. M. Debois
- PublisherKluwer Academic Publishers
- Date of Publication01/03/2000
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintKluwer Academic Publishers
- Content Notebiography
- Weight1270 g
- Width203 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.61Trending at AU $33.26
- AU $17.71Trending at AU $20.42
- AU $37.39Trending at AU $44.49
- AU $34.88Trending at AU $36.79
- AU $25.92Trending at AU $34.15
- AU $36.24Trending at AU $40.20
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $76.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.