All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $33.15Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.58
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.01
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $96.28
- AU $39.56Trending at AU $42.72
About this product
- DescriptionThis book discusses health education for children, particularly for preschool and elementary age children. This area of health education among children is very important because of a recent increase in childhood health problems such as obesity and type-2 diabetes. All chapters are based on research on data collected on the experiences of parents and teachers in childcare/preschools, elementary schools, and on the author's personal experience as a practitioner. The early years are the most important years in a child's life and because of that, preschool health education should t focus on teachers and children only, but should also help parents as well. Based on the scholarly work in the area of health education in the early years, the following recommendations are made: Although teachers see health activities as important, some teachers are focusing on personal health only; educators can do better if they cover physical activity, nutrition, emotional health issues, and other health-related topics in their classrooms. Integrating physical activities in every facet of children's classrooms will help curb some childhood health problems.
- Author(s)Cecilia Sem Obeng
- PublisherNova Science Publishers Inc
- Date of Publication01/12/2014
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNova Science Publishers Inc
- Weight228 g
- Width155 mm
- Height230 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.