All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.09
- AU $46.36Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
About this product
- DescriptionTerrence McNally is one of our most original and audacious dramatists, and one of our funniest. New Yorker Since his first play, And Things That Go Bump in the Night, which premiered in 1965, McNally has proven himself to be a trailblazing figure and unique voice in American theater, kwn for his exploration of gay themes and his chronicling of America s changing social attitudes over the past fifty years. His thirty-three plays, nine musicals, three operas, and seven scripts for film and television, are a testament to his astonishing commitment to writing. In Selected Plays, for the very first time, McNally collects a set of eight plays that he considers the most important of his oeuvre, including the Tony-minated Mothers and Sons and the critically acclaimed And Away We Go, neither of which have been previously published. Introducing each play with a personal essay that recounts an anecdote or discusses an aspect of the play that proceeds it, McNally himself frames his own life in the theater. Selected Plays is a landmark publication, a memoir in plays from one of America s most highly regarded and best-loved playwrights.
- Author BiographyTerrence McNally, the winner of four Tony Awards, is the author of such critically acclaimed plays as Love! Valor! Compassion! ; Master Class ; Lips Together, Teeth Apart; and The Lisbon Traviata. He has also written a number of TV scripts, including Andre s Mother, for which he won an Emmy Award. McNally has received two Guggenheim Fellowships, a Rockefeller Grant, a Lucille Lortel Award, the Hull-Warriner Award for Best Play, on two occasions, and a citation from the American Academy of Arts and Letters. He lives in New York.
- Author(s)Terrence McNally
- PublisherGrove Press / Atlantic Monthly Press
- Date of Publication21/05/2015
- SubjectDrama Texts, Plays & Screenplays
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGrove Press / Atlantic Monthly Press
- Weight998 g
- Width157 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine43 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.