All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.95Trending at AU $73.98
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.37
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.79
- AU $92.88Trending at AU $103.13
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.04
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $44.80
- AU $46.33Trending at AU $48.02
About this product
- DescriptionFocuses on the intersection of religion with moral and political issues. Also included are three important essays: Human Sacrifice; George Eliot's Life; and Buckle's Philosophy of History. The last section is composed of nearly two hundred pages of excerpts from Acton's remarkable letters and unpublished tes.
- Author BiographyH B Acton (1908-1974) taught at Bedford College (London), the University of Edinburgh, and the University of Chicago; was editor of Philosophy, the influential journal of the British Royal Institute of Philosophy; and wrote, among other books, The Morals of Markets (1971; Liberty Fund, 1993) and The Philosophy of Language in Revolutionary France (1959).
- Author(s)John Emerich Edward Dalberg Acton
- PublisherLiberty Fund Inc
- Date of Publication01/03/1988
- SubjectReligion: Comparative, General & Reference
- Place of PublicationIndianapolis, IN
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLiberty Fund Inc
- Content Notenotes, index
- Weight1233 g
- Width230 mm
- Height155 mm
- Spine43 mm
- Volume editorJ.Rufus Fears
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.