All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.99Trending at AU $70.50
- AU $26.38Trending at AU $37.71
- AU $53.09Trending at AU $58.40
- AU $28.53Trending at AU $29.22
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.32
- AU $30.98Trending at AU $39.61
- AU $11.25Trending at AU $14.70
About this product
- DescriptionSelenium plays a fascinating and still poorly understood role in the function of living cells and therefore in human health. Starting with investigations over 60 years ago into its role as a toxic agent in livestock disease, selenium studies have progressed rapidly with the application of tools from immulogy and molecular biology. Selenium is w kwn to be important in human and animal nutrition, has been discovered as a structural component of so-called seleproteins, and may play a number of physiological roles, ranging from cancer protection to hormone metabolism. Selenium in Biology and Human Health presents research syntheses on a range of topics involving selenium, written by specialists from around the world. It will be of interest to cell biologists and physiologists, nutritional scientists, and animal health researchers.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication17/09/2011
- SubjectLife Sciences: General
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight370 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Edited byRaymond F. Burk
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1994
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.