All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionKristin Neff PhD, is a professor in human development whose 10 years' of research forms the basis of her timely and highly readable book. Self Compassion offers a powerful solution for combating the current malaise of depression, anxiety and self criticism that comes with living in a pressured and competitive culture. Through tried and tested exercises and audio downloads, readers learn the 3 core components that will help replace negative and destructive measures of self worth and success with a kinder and n judgemental approach in order to bring about profound life change and deeper happines. Self Compassion recognises that we all have weaknesses and limitations, but in accepting this we can discover new ways to achieve improved self confidence, contentment and reach our highest potential. Simply, easily and compassionately. Kristin Neff's expert and practical advice offers a completely new set of personal development tools that will benefit everyone.
- Author BiographyKristin Neff PhD is an associate professor in human development at the University of Texas and has been researching and studying self compassion for the past decade. She published the first journal article that defined and examined self compassion. She also created the Self Compassion Scale, which has been translated into more than a dozen languages and is used by hundreds of researchers worldwide. She gives lectures on self compasssion internationally and runs workshops. She lives in Austin, Texas.
- Author(s)Kristin Neff
- PublisherHodder & Stoughton General Division
- Date of Publication07/07/2011
- SubjectMind, Body & Spirit: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintYellow Kite
- Weight420 g
- Width155 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
Most relevant reviews
- loraines397717 Aug, 2017by
Excellent book, recommended by my doctor
Good value compared to retail price
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: New
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $34.30Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.20
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.01
- AU $21.17Trending at AU $25.58
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $30.28Trending at AU $35.05
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.