All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.93
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $73.27
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.59
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.47
- AU $46.37Trending at AU $48.34
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.40
About this product
- DescriptionSelf-Publisher's Legal Handbook is the first step-by-step guide to the legal issues of self-publishing. Attorney and published author Helen Sedwick uses 30 years of legal experience to cut through the legalese and show writers how to stay out of court and at their desks. Topics include-- <b>Business set-up.</b> From DBAs to sales taxes to crowd-funding, Self-Publisher's Legal Handbook walks writers through the process of setting up their self-publishing ventures. <b>Moving from Manuscript to Book. </b>Self-Publisher's Legal Handbook compares the options of engaging a self-publishing service company to doing it yourself using a print-on-demand provider. It lists which contract provisions are acceptable and which are t. It explains the mechanics of hiring designers, editors, and other freelancers. <b>Intellectual Property Issues. </b>Copyrights, trademark, fair use, and public domain are explained in practical, useful terms, including how to find copyright holders and ask permission. Self-Publisher's Legal Handbook provide tips on licensing images and music for little or money. <b>Internet Regulations. </b>Any writer with a blog needs to kw about privacy policies, SPAM, COPPA, and DMCA. Self-Publisher's Legal Handbook explains these regulations in easy-to-understand language. <b>Spotting Scams. </b>Writers are e-blasted by businesses promoting overpriced services, if t outright frauds. Self-Publisher's Legal Handbook shows writers how to spot aggressive sales techniques and scams. <b>The Scary Stuff. </b> Self-Publisher's Legal Handbook provides needed guidance on avoiding the dangers of defamation, invasion of privacy, and infringement. Writing and publishing a book is a significant investment. Writers should t be losing money (and sleep) by hiring the wrong self-publishing company or getting sued for copyright infringement. Sedwick's Self-Publisher's Legal Handbook will help writers safely navigate the legal minefield.
- Author BiographyUniversity of Chicago Law School graduate Helen Sedwick is a business lawyer with 30 years of experience assisting clients in setting up and running their businesses, legally and successfully. A published author herself, she wrote Self-Publisher's Legal Handbook to help other writers publish and promote their work while minimizing legal risks and errors. Writing and publishing a book is an investment of time, money and emotion. Don't lose your copyright by signing the wrong contract, or waste money by buying into a scam, or lose sleep by getting sued for defamation. Self-Publisher's Legal Handbook will help you safely navigate the legal minefield.
- Author(s)Helen Sedwick
- PublisherTen Gallon Press
- Date of Publication06/06/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectNational Law: Professional
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTen Gallon Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight281 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.