All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.50Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $44.28Trending at AU $47.26
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.39
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $14.06
About this product
- DescriptionSelf-regulation and automy have emerged as key predictors of health and well-being in several areas of psychology. This timely volume brings together eminent scholars at the forefront of this research, which is taking place in disciplines including developmental psychology, developmental neuroscience, social psychology and educational psychology. The contributors present ideas and research findings on the development of self-regulation and automy, including their biological bases, antecedents and consequences. Editors Bryan W. Sokol, Frederick M. E. Grouzet and Ulrich Muller have shaped the volume's multidisciplinary perspective on self-regulation and automy to reflect the legacy of Jean Piaget, the trailblazing developmental psychologist whose work drew on a diverse body of research.
- Author BiographyBryan W. Sokol is an Associate Professor in the Department of Psychology and the Director of the Center for Service and Community Engagement at Saint Louis University. His research interests include the development of children's social understanding and socio-emotional competence, moral agency, and conceptions of selfhood. Frederick M. E. Grouzet is an Associate Professor of Psychology at the University of Victoria. His research interests include the development of personal goals and values through socialization and personal growth experiences, as well as the relationships between goals, mental time travel, and well-being. Ulrich Muller is an Associate Professor of Psychology at the University of Victoria. His research focuses on the development of self-regulation in young children, and the ways in which social interaction influences the development of self-regulation. Dr Muller has co-edited several books, including the Cambridge Companion to Piaget (2009).
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication18/11/2013
- SubjectPsychology: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note8 b/w illus. 3 tables
- Weight560 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Edited byBryan W. Sokol,Frederick M. E. Grouzet,Ulrich Muller
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.