All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMany Americans have asked this question in the face of skyrocketing campaign spending by candidates and parties. Then, in the 1990s, came a wave of wealthy individuals whose deep pockets seemed to be buying political offices across the country. Our worst suspicions were confirmed. Or were they? What effect do self-financers really have on electoral outcomes? Jennifer Steen's authoritative empirical study of self-financed candidates is a landmark in American politics. Steen thoroughly disproves the tion that self-funded candidates can buy a legislative seat, proving that the vast majority of self-financers do t win their elections. Instead, her book gives us a truer understanding of self-financers' actual influence on campaign competition and rhetoric.
- Author BiographyJennifer Steen is Assistant Professor of Political Science at Boston College and a former political consultant. Her work on self-financed candidates is legendary in the field.
- Author(s)Jennifer Steen
- PublisherThe University of Michigan Press
- Date of Publication15/02/2006
- SubjectPolitics: General & Reference
- Series TitleContemporary Political and Social Issues
- Place of PublicationAnn Arbor
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintThe University of Michigan Press
- Content Note10 tables, 19 charts
- Weight322 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine17 mm
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $115.99Trending at AU $139.18
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $72.74
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $36.60
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $38.02
- AU $17.48Trending at AU $19.74
- AU $16.92Trending at AU $22.07
- AU $20.38Trending at AU $26.71
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.