Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.29
- AU $30.82Trending at AU $34.85
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $15.71
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.26
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.52
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $32.01
About this product
- DescriptionThe early years are critically important for the development of self-regulation--the set of abilities that enable children to control their emotions and behavior, interact positively with others, and engage in independent learning. This book examines how self-regulation develops in the first 8 years of life and describes practical ways for educators and caregivers to support its development. Part I reviews a diverse body of theory and research on the growth of self-control and self-direction across emotional, social, motivational, and cognitive domains. Also described is contemporary research linking self-regulatory abilities to control systems in the brain. Part II presents concrete suggestions for enhancing self-regulatory skills in infants and toddlers, preschoolers and kindergartners, and school-age children. Chapters address caregiver and teacher behaviors, behavior management techniques, ways of arranging the environment, and strategies for enhancing peer interactions and children's interest in self-directed learning.
- Author BiographyMartha B. Bronson, EdD, is an associate professor of developmental and educational psychology at Boston College, where she directs the early childhood program. She received her bachelor's degree in psychology from Boston University and her master's and doctoral degrees in human development from Harvard University. She has extensive experience in educational evaluation in early childhood, and her observational measures of young children's self-regulatory skills have been used in a number of national studies.
- Author(s)Martha B. Bronson
- PublisherGuilford Publications
- Date of Publication30/03/2000
- SubjectPsychology: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGuilford Publications
- Weight582 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine27 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.