Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.86
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.84
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.02
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.03
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.20
- AU $24.91Trending at AU $28.29
- AU $9.81Trending at AU $13.34
About this product
- DescriptionSelfless Love shows how meditation can help us realize that we don't love--we are love. Gentle, elegant, and radically inspiring, Selfless Love presents a holistic, experiential meditative path that enables us to see beyond our preconceived tions of identity, spirituality, and humanity. Drawing equally from Zen parables, her experience as a mental health therapist, and the Gospels, Ellen Birx shows us that through meditation we can recognize that our true selves are t selves at all--that all beings are united in unbounded, infinite awareness and love, beyond words. Recognizing the limitations of language in describing the indescribable, Birx concludes each chapter in the Zen tradition of turning words with a verse meant to invite insights.
- Author BiographyEllen Birx has a PhD in psychiatric nursing and for the past twenty-seven years has been a professor at Radford University. She is a Zen teacher and cofounder of New River Zen Community and a member of the White Plum Asanga and the American Zen Teachers Association. She is the author of Healing Zen and the coauthor, along with her husband, of Waking Up Together. She lives in Radford, VA.
- Author(s)Ellen Birx
- PublisherWisdom Publications,U.S.
- Date of Publication26/02/2014
- SubjectNon-Christian Religions
- Place of PublicationSomerville
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWisdom Publications,U.S.
- Weight249 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine20 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.